Friðrik Sophusson, Chairman of the Board presented the Board's report and Birna Einarsdóttir, CEO presented the 2015 annual results and the operational highlights for the year.
The results of the Annual General Meeting:
- A new board of directors was elected for the bank: Anna Þórðardóttir, Auður Finnbogadóttir, Árni Stefánsson, Hallgrímur Snorrason, Heiðrún Jónsdóttir, Helga Valfells and Friðrik Sophusson,as chairman of the board.
- Herdís Gunnarsdóttir and Pálmi Kristinsson were elected as alternates of the board.
- Marianne Økland, Eva Cederbalk, Neil Graeme Brown, Gunnar Fjalar Helgason and Árni Tómasson are no longer members of the board and Jón Eiríksson and Margrét Kristmannsdóttir are no longer alternates of the board.
- In addition, the Consolidated Financial Statement was approved and that up to 50% of net profit in 2015 will be paid in dividends to shareholders, but otherwise the profit will be added to the bank's equity. Moreover, it was agreed that the Board may convene a special shareholder meeting later in the year where a proposal regarding payment of dividends of profit for the previous fiscal years could be suggested.
- A compensation policy for the bank as well as a proposal for board remuneration was approved. The meeting entrusted the Board of Directors to add to its rules of procedure provisions on the competitive independence of the bank towards other state-owned commercial banks.
- The meeting approved a proposal to amend the bank's articles of association to the effect that the bank's domicile and legal venue will be in Kópavogur.
- Moreover the Icelandic National Audit Office was appointed auditor of the bank for the next five years.
Other relevant documents from the Annual General Meeting are available and archived here.