How can we help?
If you have lost your card
You can freeze your card immediately by using the card app. You can then simply re-open the card if you find it again.
There are many ways to contact us to report a lost card:
• Call one of our advisors by telephone: 440 4000
• Send us a message. Select "card" as the reason
• Talk to one of our online advisors
• Visit your nearest branch
• Call the Borgun Emergency number: 533 1400 (open 24 hours)
If you are injured abroad
The insurance company VÍS is responsible for all Íslandsbanki credit card travel insurance. Please go to the VÍS website for more information.
Our credit card holders, with card insurance, also have access to SOS International, an international company that specialises in providing emergency support to tourists. Their highly trained team provides specialist services to those who become seriously ill or injured abroad. They provide a 24/7 emergency service.
The company is based in Denmark but the service representatives speak a variety of different languages, including Icelandic. SOS will contact the medical institution to confirm the validity of the card insurance and those who are covered by it. They also provide information on insurance coverage.
Our emergency service will provide the cardholder with the following services without extra cost:
- Provide sound advice by phone or e-mail in case of illness or accident.
- Contact the hospital and provide a payment guarantee if necessary.
- Provide assistance with and pay for ambulance services if you are injured or seriously ill abroad. Assist in providing any necessary transport for relatives.
- Provide temporary cash loans to pay medical and legal costs.
(+354) 440 4000
Borgun Emergency Services
(+354) 533 1400
Valitor Emergency Services
(+354) 525 2000
SOS International, Kaupmannahöfn
(+45) 7010 5050
Strategic Insurance Service Ltd.
(+44) (0)20 3551 6633