Settlement with the Central Bank
Q&A - General
1. Why did Íslandsbanki participate in the offering of its own shares?
2. How does Íslandsbanki view the settlement?
3. This is the highest fine ever imposed on a financial company in Iceland, why is the fine so high?
4. Will the fine affect the Bank's services and pricing?
5. How could this happen?
6. How will the Bank make sure that this does not happen again?
7. Is the matter concluded with the settlement?
8. Can or will Íslandsbanki appeal the settlement?
9. Will the settlement affect the Bank's operating license?
10. Is the fine tax deductible?
11. What about individual employee accountability?
12. When did the Bank receive the preliminary findings and the settlement proposal?
13. Why did the Bank ask to settle the case?