Instructions: How to apply for electronic ID
Here you can get instructions on how to apply for electronic ID.
- First, you need to go to Auðkenni's website.
- There you stamp your phone number to check if your phone supports electronic IDs.
- If your phone supports e-ID, the option "Electronic ID Locations" will appear and you will click on it.
- Options for different parts of the country will then appear. To receive an electronic identity card by phone, it is necessary to attend an electronic identity card counter. Choose the region that suits you. For example, you could select "Capital Region".
- The next step is to choose the commercial bank with which you do your business or from a special branch of electronic IDs. For example, you could choose "Islandsbanki".
- A list of the locations of the branches that you can attend so that the application can be completed will then appear.
- When you arrive at the venue, it is necessary to have a valid ID with you, such as a driver's license or passport.
- A branch employee will assist you with the next steps.
- The process should not be time consuming and should not take more than about 15-20 minutes.