Activate your card
Instructions on how to activate your card in the online bank or via our app.
Activate your card using the card app
- Register using the Islandsbanki´s app
- Choose the card you wish to activate
- Click on "Activate card" at the bottom of the app page
- Terms and Conditions of the card are approved
- The card is immediately activated
The "activate card" option will not appear if the card has already been activated
Activate your card online
- Register online
- Click on "Settings"
- Click on "Other settings"
- Click on "Bank card" in the left corner
- The bank cards front page shows all the cards registered using your ID number. Click on "Activate card" to the right of the card chosen
- An "activate card" window will open where the Terms and Conditions of the card are confirmed
- You can now activate your card by using your username and password
The "activation" option will not appear if the card has already been activated
Cards owned by customers under the age of 18 can be activated by a guardian/parent:
- Via telephone, if the caller can confirm the password of the account
- Via online chat, if the person can confirm their identity using electronic ID
- By visiting us at one of our branches and showing us certified identification
- By sending an email from the email account of the guardian/parent