Customers may consult the Customer Ombudsman if they believe they have not received a fair resolution of their affairs. The role of the Ombudsman is to conduct an objective investigation and seek a fair resolution.
- When the Ombudsman's involvement is requested, a result must be available from a branch, or the business unit that handles the customer's affairs.
- The role of the ombudsman is to examine cases objectively and work on resolving cases in the ways that are available within the bank at any given time and can be considered fair given the circumstances.
Complaints can be submitted to the Ombudsman as follows:
- By sending a letter to the Ombudsman which provides an account of the matter in question. The address is: Íslandsbanki Customer Ombudsman, Hagasmári 3, 201 Kópavogur.
- By sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By requesting a meeting with the Ombudsman by telephone, +354 440 4000
Íslandsbanki's Customer Ombudsman is Kolbrún Jónsdóttir.