Íslandsbanki is a universal bank offering comprehensive financial services to households, corporations and institutional investors in Iceland and overseas. The Bank, which traces its roots back to 1875, builds on a solid heritage of lending to Iceland´s core industries. The Bank has developed a specific expertise in the seafood industry, building on its experience servicing one of Iceland’s most important sectors.
Íslandsbanki and its predecessors have worked closely with the seafood industry for over a century, financing the first Icelandic motorized trawler in 1904. The Bank started its international operations in 1999 by providing financing solutions to commercial fishing companies in Atlantic Canada. Íslandsbanki has participated in many benchmark transactions in the seafood industry, leveraging its relationships and knowledge base in domestic and international markets. The Bank complements its lending business with well-regarded industry research.
Íslandsbanki's value proposition
- Experienced team focusing on the seafood sector
- Extensive understanding of seafood at all levels of the Bank
- Advisory in the global seafood sector, across the entire value chain
- Comprehensive industry research on domestic and international markets
- Relationships with key players in main markets throughout the North Atlantic region