Ownership

Íslandsbanki is majority-owned by Glitnir Bank hf, which holds 95% of its share capital through its subsidiaries, on behalf of Glitnir creditors. The remaining 5% is held by the Icelandic government and is administered by Icelandic State Financial Investments.

ISB Holding, a subsidiary of Glitnir banki hf*, appoints seven of nine Directors to the Board of Íslandsbanki. The Icelandic Government, via ISFI, appoints two Directors to the Board of Íslandsbanki. All Directors are independent of the Bank. Only one board director is appointed by the creditors of Glitnir, others are independent of Glitnir and its creditors.

Ownership Structure

Last updated on 14 August 2013.

Netspjall